I sought recommendations from Tripadvisor where to stay in Ubud, and Komaneka at Bisma came up highly recommended with many positive reviews. Glad I heed their advice for this place did not disappoint. In fact, without hesitation, I give this hotel a perfect score of 10, and here are my reasons why.
1) Warm hospitality and friendly staff, always calling us by our names, saying hello & good morning and asking how our day was. Excellent service from everyone we came in contact with.
2. Beautiful, quiet location, affording great views yet close to town about 20 min walk or use their complimentary shuttle. A comfortable and welcoming lounge at the lobby to hang out, have a drink, listen to local music or watch the sunset. And inviting infinity pool to cool off on a very hot day.
3) Beautifully appointed, spacious and luxurious accommodation
4) Amenities galore in our room daily: freshly-baked cookies, tropical fresh fruits, coffee & tea, plenty of bottled water, a hat & big bag to carry around to the pool or while shopping, comfortable gown to wear, etc.
5) Excellent daily breakfast included, either set up in our private balcony or at their restaurant.
6) Afternoon tea with sampling of local sweets, complimentary.
7) Plenty of complimentary activities: flower and/or basket making for temple offerings, yoga, free pass to a local museum, nature walks.
8) Reasonably priced package deals include 2 nights in a suite, welcome drink, 1-hour Balinese massage for one and a candle light dinner at their restaurant, so romantic. Our dinner was delicious. In fact, we like all our meals during our stay here.
9) Discounted rate by booking direct on their website, I think they gave us either 5 or 15% off (can’t remember for sure).
10) Recognition of our wedding anniversary and thoughtful parting gifts of shawl and cookies in special tin containers. How sweet!
There you have it, my 10 reasons why this place earned a perfect score. Our stay here was special, memorable and very enjoyable. We were sad when we left and said goodbye to our very hospitable hosts that made our stay truly special.
You bet, we’ll come back to stay here again if we return to Bali.